Sunday, September 5, 2010

Today and Questions

Today I'm feeling lazy. I'm not sure why. Probably because I had a nasty migraine yesterday and I just feel like sitting on my butt today. The kids are all chilled out, so that's nice, and rare.

I figured I needed to start writing in this blog. I started last year, with a plan to write in it every day. But I just didn't. I'm not entirely sure why, but I need the outlet. I took my notes from facebook on Noah's Perthes and posted them here. I will continue to write about that, as well as everything else. I've been asked several questions regarding Noah's disease. The main one being " Are you going to home school him now?" or suggesting that I DO home school him so he doesn't feel different.

No. I'm not going to home school him now. Kids with more severe problems go to school just fine. And what kind of message would I be sending to my son if I kept him home, against his wishes? He needs to feel as normal as possible, have the socialization, and learn to deal with this. I cannot shelter him forever. As much as *I* would like to keep him here with me all the time. It's just not a good idea. He needs to know that we view him as no different than any other child, because he's not, he just has limitations right now. Like I've said, we're going to give him every opportunity that we can so he doesn't feel like he missed out on as much. I also believe that sending my son to school, will give him confidence. HE WANTS to go to school. And I'm not going to stop him, I want him to try his best.

Speaking of opportunities, thank God for my Mother. She and I do not always see eye to eye. But I couldn't ask for a better Mom. She is so supportive of us. She is paying for Noah's swimming lessons. He's going to take private lessons to start out with. He loves to get in the pool, that's a good thing, because that's going to be the best way to exercise his legs. I also am looking into an art class locally, as well as some horse back riding. Ideally, I want him to swim once a week, take an art class a couple times a month, and ride a few times a month. I might get Abby into riding horses with him at some point in a year or so if I can. She LOVES horses. " Like Mother, like Daughter"

Anyways. Jerry will be coming home soon. That is going to be a relief. We miss him. He misses us too. He hates not being here, especially with everything going on lately. He got his wedding ring in the mail! I got him a new one, he lost his other one on the beach and was so broken up about it. So we got him a new one. Unfortunately, it's a little too big, but at least he's not feeling naked anymore.

I cleaned the twin's room last night. Talk about a chore. They've sure become destructive together! Partners in crime. They take every piece of clothing out of their dressers and every toy out of the box, and stash sippy cups in every little dark nook and cranny. It's no wonder I can never find them. Grossness!

I'm going to have to clean Noah's room today for him too. I told him last night he needed to clean it today. But he had a bad night. His leg only seems to hurt at night, and it did last night. This morning he's limping pretty bad.

I'm not touching Abby's room though. I told her to stop destroying it. But she did anyways and refused to help pick up.

Speaking of, heres a funny. The other night Noah helped me pick up her room, she just sat there in her little chair. I said " Abby help us pick up YOUR mess, please" and she goes " No. My ass hurts" ( WHA?!) So Noah goes " That's probably because you've been sitting on it so much" Rofl.

Anyways. Lots to do so I better wrap this up. I have the rest of the house to clean, we're going to work in the garden, my Mom is coming over to visit, and I have a care package for a soldier that needs packed.




No comments:

Post a Comment