Monday, September 6, 2010

Calm Before the Crazy

My Mom took Noah home with her last night so I could get a little break today and get caught up on stuff around the house that has been neglected with everything going on lately.

So today I'm relaxing and doing a bit here and there before Noah starts school later this week. I have to get down to the hospital tomorrow to get a doctors note for the school so they're aware of the Perthes and that Noah is on restricted activity. My cousin found out what class he was in for us since I haven't had time to get over there. ( She also brought him a "gears set". He was super excited) So exciting that he's going to start school! But sad at the same time. Not only because he's growing up, but because his first year of school isn't going to be the way every parent imagines it for their kid. I'm not going to think about it on his first day though.

It could be worse. That's what some people keep saying to me, anyways. They're right in a way. It COULD be worse. It could be much worse. I'm so thankful it's not. But this is still a serious disease and it it's proving to be difficult for him already.

My Cousins and Mom came over last night to hang out. That was nice. My Mom bought Noah a little table and chairs for his room, art activity sets, legos and other things he could do to keep him busy. She also brought more snacks that promote bone growth. Noah played with my cousin's son last night, he loves to play with him. He started getting mad after a while though. He is getting pretty angry about not being able to run and jump, plus he was tired.

My Mom also brought me some clothes to cheer me up and the girls stuff to play with. One thing being a massive horse for Abby. It's stuffed and like 5 feet long. It has a saddle and a bridle. It's huge! I want to play with it...Think Abby will mind? LOL!

Today we're on day 2 of no more bottles for the girls. Oh my Gosh. You'd think I took their livelihood away! They're so mad at me. They keep throwing their cups at me. Then they proceed to throw themselves face down on the floor and kick and scream. Sorry charlies! I am a mean mama. I'm the Mom that gives them 1 month after they turn 1 to kick the bottle and formula. Well, formula is long gone, and now bottles are no more.

I guess I should get going. I'm feeling more inspired now. We got Noah's room clean and organized ( for the 3rd time this week lol) last night, I super cleaned the kids' bathroom, most of the dishes are done and my mama helped me get the laundry put away. So I don't feel like procrastinating as much. But I'm sure I will for an additional half hour after this. I have a bad habit of that unless it's something the kids need.

Yup. Procrastinated. I wrote this a few hours ago. Guess I'm enjoying my " Calm before the Crazy" of this week. Better go get things done and organized now.


No comments:

Post a Comment