Sunday, September 5, 2010

Noah's Diagnosis...Scared.

I was right. It wasn't him being flatfooted.

Noah was diagnosed with Osteonecrosis tonight.

That means at some point he lost the blood flow to a bone for seemingly no reason and the bone is dying. From what we know so far, it is the femoral head that is dead so far. They say it's advanced, but we don't know exactly how bad it is yet. This can cause major issues for him throughout his life. I'm heartbroken and scared. I want to have it instead of him. I would rather have it than my innocent 5 year old. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osteonecrosis

It is a progressive disease, so we're dealing with it ASAP. We're going to the Orthopedist tomorrow morning first thing.

I'm praying and hoping that it can reverse itself. But that doesn't sound like the case due to his "ON" being advanced.

Please pray for Noah or keep him in your thoughts. I feel so overwhelmed and sick...

This is the second rare thing Noah has gotten. I don't understand... He's such a wonderful little boy. It's not fair.

I'm sorry if this is all over the place. I'm trying to stay positive at home, trying not to cry, so I need to get it out. No matter what the outcome. He's still perfect, and can do anything he sets his mind to.

No comments:

Post a Comment