Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Morning from H-E-Double Hockey Sticks.

Firstly, most people that know me. Know I don't usually whine this much. But this is a rough time for me right now and I need to write it down since more often than not, I won't say it out loud. If you don't like it? You don't have to read it. Just saying.

Last night was good. The babies didn't sleep hardly. But I got everything ready to go to school but the stroller, and one or two other things. No biggie. Well, guess who climbed in bed with me and laid on top of my phone? Noah. I couldn't hear the alarm going off until he rolled over. We were going to be late to his second day of school. So I manage to haul butt to get everything done when Noah says his stomach hurts, I won't give you TMI. But what usually happens when your stomach hurts? Yeah. So I figure he's just stressed being new to school and all. So we get in the car and he seems ok. Abby would NOT get into her car seat. She just wouldn't do it. She hit me and kicked me, arched her back so I couldn't buckle her in her car seat. By that point Noah was crying saying he wanted to go to school and I noticed he was holding his stomach.

So I take Abby out of the car and she throws the biggest tantrum. Throwing herself face down on the driveway. Noah says his tummy still hurts. So we stayed home, good thing, Noah had "issues" for a better part of the day. But my neighbor did come over and offer to help when she heard Abby screeching like a banshee. I have wonderful neighbors, all of them are truly great.

I just have to remember, when I'm stressed, the kids can tell. And they know changes and things have been happening too. They're smart. So I need to be patient.

I don't normally ask for, or accept help, unless it's Jerry or my Mom. I'm prideful, I have been since I had Noah. I wanted to show the world I could do everything all by myself and prove I wasn't the stereotypical young Mom. I need to learn it's ok to ask for help every so often. Especially with everything going on right now. So I think I'm going to take my neighbor up on her offer to watch the girls in the morning while I run him to school.

I think I'll write another blog tonight with everything else, I don't want to sound all negative all the time. lol.




2 comments:

  1. I think that is a good idea Jamie. You're an awesome mama, and it's okay to need help with things - even more so when everything that's going on.

    ReplyDelete